In the age of digitization, it has become necessary to have a strong local SEO strategy to drive more people to your store. According to Think with Google, 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information. Can they find your business?
In this blog post, we will explain why your small business needs Local SEO.
What is SEO
To start off, we gotta know what SEO even is. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an awesome tool to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website via organic search engine results.
SEO helps your website rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) by optimizing specific features such as website pages, keywords, or inbound links, to name a few.
If your business wants to attract the right kind of visitors from search engines, SEO will be a significant aspect of your digital marketing strategy.
What is Local SEO
Local search engine optimization (local SEO) is like regular SEO but specifically through location-based search engine results. Local SEO helps locals discover your business.
Searches include niffy terms such as “near me” or “[insert location]”. For example, “plumbers near me” or “plumbers in Kingston”.
Why local SEO matters
Local SEO matters because of the following reasons:
- Local SEO promotes your website’s rankings in the search results and local packs. 92% of users will pick a business on the first page of local search results.
- Local SEO receives the highest conversion levels of all local advertising channels. 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Local SEO betters your online visibility, especially to neighbouring customers.
- Local SEO is 100 percent free. Local SEO develops organic online and foot traffic to your business. Don’t waste this opportunity.
- Local SEO ensures your business is found on Google maps and through other navigational apps. A pretty cool feature from Local SEO.
Why local SEO is useful for small businesses
Local SEO is a must-have tool because it ultimately helps build strong brand awareness for your small business. As users are more likely to trust a website that is on the first page of SERPs, you can top your competition by increasing your conversion rates and sales. As a result, it will promote your business to grow to higher levels than before.
If you do not currently have a local SEO strategy in place, feel free to chat with us!
At Imperium Social, we deliver the best full SEO coverage to your small business.
Best of success!